All in one solar street lights are getting popular nowadays because of the benefits that it can give. Many local government organizations and residents are gradually transitioning to an eco-way of living. One way is by installing all in one solar street lights. They are more efficient than conventional solar lights. In this article, we’ll try to tackle the topic of how to install all in one solar street light, in case you do not know yet.
What is an all in one solar street light?
We are al aware of the conventional street lights that we are seeing on a television and outdoors. But the thing is it might be a new thing for you knowing about all in one solar street lights. This is because they are rarer as it was only having been invented recently compared to the conventional street lights.
If we will compare it with them, it has a lot of significant advantages. Mainly are its modern features that you will surely not want to miss. They have infrared sensors that detect motion so that they can utilize the power more as efficiently as possible.
They will only lit up brighter with every motion that they detect thus saving a lot of solar energy. As a result, the solar energy stored on it using the panels can last longer which is perfect most especially when the sun-deprived season comes such as winter and rainy seasons. The energy that they saved can be very helpful when sunlight is not sufficient. So as a result, you can still experience lighting at night because of enough energy stored that you have.
Also, all in one solar street lights are more durable because the materials used in making them are way better. So expect that you can get a longer lifespan on it. Moreover, the batteries used in all in one solar street light are lithium-ion batteries which are known for their ability to retain charge longer. Also, they are more durable compared to normal solar panel batteries giving you complete peace of mind all the time.
Can you install it yourself?
Somehow but it is not advisable. It is suggested that professionals will install the all in one solar street lights. This is because it has complex mechanisms that only experts could understand. It will ensure that the lights will be installed properly. In this way, you can prevent any possible problems that may arise.
- You will need to have the guard lines to be all over the site where the all in one solar light will be placed.
- The manual must be read and understand carefully to ensure that no step will be skipped on the process. The safety guidelines must be implemented too to avoid accidents during installation.
- You must ensure that the materials are all complete before installation.
The Parts Needed
To successfully install the solar street lights you will need the following materials. They will make sure that you will have a fully-functional light at the end of the day that is why you must have all of them before installation.
- Solar street light fixture
The Installation Process
For the solar street lights to be installed successfully you’ll need to follow the steps below:
- You will need to spot a surface that is even on the ground. This is where you will try to put the post for the foundation of a solar street light. The ground must be stable as well to ensure that the post will not shake off in harsh weather conditions.
- Dig a hole and after that integrate the post inside the hole. Insert a significant height for the post to be stable. The minimum must be 3 mm.
- Cement it carefully and allow it to dry before proceeding to the next steps.
- Put the light fixture on the post then put it to the ground while the other side pointing up.
- Twist it around and afterward screw it carefully to the lamp holder.
- It is now time to put the antenna. It will allow you to have the ability to operate it using your control system.
Is it worth it?
With the amazing benefits that the all in one solar street lights can give, there is no doubt that it is a must-have. It is the best thing that you can do to save money from electricity bills and help the environment to minimize greenhouse emissions. As a result, the place will be a better place to live in. Although, you’ll need to invest some money on the equipment, materials, and the installation itself, the cost is outweighed by the benefits.
Now you know the basics of how to install all in one street lights then you have the idea. You can use that idea in your decision to buy the best solar street lights that you can use outdoors. Not only, it can provide brightness in the evening but also keep your surroundings safe. It gives you the confidence that you are aware of what’s happening outside compared to if it was still dark. It is a good long-term investment as you will be able to have functional lights with sustainable energy coming from the sun thus saving you costs from electricity bills.